Saturday, May 28, 2011

3rd Annual Sammy's Run 5K

May 28th, 2011

What a great 5K this morning! It was hot and humid out, but that didn't stop me or a few other hundred runners from having a great race. This race always brings out the fastest runners from throughout the county. I started off pretty fast, but I was trying to keep Gina and Linda in sight. Soon they were both way ahead of me, so I just decided to run my own race. I finished strong and with a PR! 26:11 was the official chip time. Very happy with this. More than a minute faster than last years race and about 25 seconds faster than my last 5K PR.

Official stats: 12 out of 47 in age group.

8:27 pace per mile.

Other great news:

I am a sponsored athlete with Team MARATHON® Bar for 2011! So happy to represent this brand. Keep a look out for me at races. I should have some tasty samples for you to try. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment