Thursday, November 22, 2012

ALSO Turkey Trot

November 22, 2012


What a great way to start off Thanksgiving day. Race morning was a lot cooler today than just a few days ago in Miami. 52 degrees and very windy! Race started at the Hyatt, next to the water. We ran a loop around GWIZ and then headed toward the Ringling Bridge. Up and over the bridge, over the flat bridge and then we took the first right, before St Armand's Circle. Turned around at the end of the street and then headed back. The worst of the wind was on the way back. I almost took off my arm warmers (a last minute item I tossed in the car) on the way out, but I knew I would need them once I got near the bridge. And I was right. Once we hit the base of the bridge, not only did we have the head wind to deal with, but we joined all of the 5K runners who had started a half hour after us. Lots of weaving around people. My pace started out faster, but the wind and bridge really slowed me down. Not sure I should run the PAL half on sunday. I've been thinking about it, but maybe I should just run my scheduled 20-22 miles. :)

Finish time: 54:29, 6th (out of 20) in age group
Splits - 8:19, 8:41, 8:30, 8:43, 9:16, 8:46, 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment