Thursday, September 12, 2013

Venice Triathlon

Venice, FL
August 31, 2013


The Swim: Venice Triathlon. Pretty good swim this morning. I felt calmer and stronger out there then last time. I did have a couple of women near me that I couldn't shake, so I just went with it, trying to draft off of the one ahead of me. :) Swim was a little long according to Garmin. I didn't stop it until we hit the mat, a little up the beach. Should have been 440 yards. 14:43; T1 - 2:12

The Bike: 3 loops for the bike. Not a fan. Most of the road was smooth, but there was a section at one end that was rough. No course marshals out there. People were drafting like crazy, though it was hard not to ride close to others with everyone out there at the same time because of the 3 loop thing. Forgot to stop my garmin when I came into transition. 48:10; T2 - 1:15


The run: Felt pretty good for the first mile. The heat started getting to me in mile 2. I could hear this woman behind me breathing funny. I could not shake her! I would slow down, so would she. I would speed up, so would she. Sigh. Her loud breathing was annoying! Kicked it in hard at the end and left her in the dust. :D 27:05


Finish: 1:33:23

No comments:

Post a Comment