Monday, March 17, 2014

SpringFest 12K

March 1, 2014, Sarasota

Heading into the finish.
One week post Gasparilla, I wasn't sure how I was going to feel for this race, but I got out there and tried my best. It was a beautiful morning for a race. Temps in the low 50s. I hung out with friends before the race got started, then headed over to the start area, were I crammed myself into the large group of runners. The national anthem was played and we were off!

I got a good start, out from the big pack, but after a few minutes, slowed my pace a little. The first part of the race winds through a couple of neighborhoods, before we turn onto the Legacy Trail. Just after making the turn to on the trail, I noticed my shoe is untied. Really! I take the 10-20 seconds to tie my shoe, before getting back into my run. Still feeling pretty good.

As we run the last mile or so, back through the neighborhood, I start to feel the fatigue from all the races the previous weekend. I push through, picking up the speed as we run down the road leading to the finish. As we take a right, I step up the curb and run the last bit in on the grass to the finish.

Very happy with my finish and time. I placed 3rd in my age group, which was awesome!

7.56 miles - Splits: 7:52, 7:57, 8:04, 8:06, 8:21, 8:20, 8:06,
Finish: 1:01:12


No comments:

Post a Comment