Saturday, January 14, 2012


So happy to say that I got a PR at the Race for Jena 5K this morning! This was a last minute race. I think I signed up for it Wednesday. But, I was feeling pretty good post Ragnar, so thought I would give it a go. I wasn't sure how much speed I had lost while dealing with my ITB pain. Well, turns out, I haven't lost to much of my hard earned speed! My time for the race today was 25:33. Average 8:12 min mile. Very happy with it. :)

I felt pretty good from the get go. Gina started out running a pretty quick pace, so I held back figuring I would try to catch up later. I did catch up just past 1.23 mile, but she pulled ahead again when I stopped for a quick drink of water. Never did catch that speedy girl! :) I ended up getting 2nd place in my age group and Gina pulled out first place.


No comments:

Post a Comment