Friday, January 26, 2018

I am about to make the "smart" choice!

January 26, 2018

The Hands Across the Harbor half marathon is tomorrow. And, I'm going to miss it. Normally, I'm not one to skip a race that I've signed up for. I'll push myself to get it done, even if I'm hurting. Example: running the Disney marathon 3 weeks ago! But, this time, I'm making the smarter choice. The next half I run, which should be NEXT weekend's Music Half, will be my 80th half. I will also be celebrating my 20th anniversary of my first half marathon (January 1998's Mardi Gras half in New Orleans).

I've been going to the chiropractor and doing stretches, yet my hip still wants to pop out of alignment and make running painful and slow.My psoas muscle is the problem. It is super tight. the area attached to my spin, is so tight, it's pulling my hip up. It's also very tight deep in the front of my hip, which makes the area of my groin hurt. I am hoping with one more week of treatment, I'll be able to have a less painful half next weekend. Time doesn't matter, I just don't want to be hurting anymore!

So tomorrow, instead of lining up with all the other racers down in Punta Gorda, I'll be heading out with my friends from downtown Sarasota, for a slow long run. Which will hopefully, be a little better than yesterdays run! Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment