Friday, January 5, 2018

Disney Marathon Weekend


January 5, 2018

It's marathon weekend! Starting off the year with a marathon has been something I have liked to do for many years. I wasn't able to run the Spring Hill marathon last Jan 1 (but did run the half) due to being sick. This year, I've been looking forward to Disney. I've been training with Lynnette and Bonnie for a few months now, and it had been going pretty well, despite my back issues. Well, wouldn't you know it, but another issue cropped up a couple of weeks ago. My hip has been really hurting me. With a few advil, I've been able to get through a few training runs. But, the last few days have been painful, so I haven't run. I am hoping, with the help of advil and rest, I'll be able to get through this marathon. My goal has been between 4:30 and 4:45 finish. Right now, I'd be happy for a sub 5 hour! We will see.

We hit the expo today. A bit disappointed not to get the little mickey figure I always buy, but I did get a cute backpack and Jackie picked up a Tervis mug for me the other day. I made it out of there without going crazy on purchases. :)

Race shirt and luggage tag we were given.

Two of my three purchases.  Love the little backpack.
Top was on sale for $15 off! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment