Monday, September 19, 2016

Augusta 70.3 training - 2 weeks out

Week 15: September 12 -18

After a big training weekend, I took it kind of easy on Monday. By easy I mean, I didn't run, but walked 2.25 miles with Gina at the fun run. :) Before that, I swam 2000 yards in the pool. That takes a lot out of you! Tuesday afternoon, I got a run in and Wednesday morning I went to cyclebar for a spin class, then got in 1500 yards at the pool after work. Thursday, I did a 17 mile bike and 2 mile run brick workout, after work. I had planned to run 4 miles, but it was a struggle mentally to even go out for the 2! Friday's rest break was enjoyed. Saturday, I had my long run. 3 miles on my own, then back to the store for the training group. Went out with them and got in 9 more miles. Sunday, was our last big training day! Yippee! My legs were feeling all this training! 41 miles on the bike, followed by a 1 mile open water swim. Gina and Roxy joined me, Carolyn and Wendy at the beach. It was a fun way to end the weekend. I got in a wonderful hour massage that afternoon. Ready to really scale it back this next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment